[Advaita-l] BhAmAti vs VivAraNa

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 02:58:09 EDT 2018

Very nicely responded by you, Sri Praveen ji, which brings to my mind these
extremely famous and meaningful words of Sureshwaracharya:

Sureswara Acharya pointed out in the Brhadaranyaka Vartika that ‘no one
size, as the saying goes, fits all’ towards that end. He writes,

यया यया भवेत्पुंसां व्युत्पत्तिः प्रत्यगात्मनि ।
सा सैव प्रक्रियेह स्यात् साध्वी सा चानवस्थिता ॥

(Meaning: By whatever means the knowledge of the inner Self arises in
seekers, that construct itself is appropriate here; it is not absolutely
unique.)
regards
subbu

On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 11:56 AM, Praveen R. Bhat via Advaita-l <