[Advaita-l] Is Badarayana same as Vyasa?

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 08:04:11 EDT 2018

​Thats a very weak argument trying to support any kind of thinking perhaps
under the garb of being  modern and scientific  to replace sampradAya.
vyAkaraNa, mImAMsA and ​nyAya, all are part of sampradAya! The plain
reading of prayer will tell you that it is a prayer to the Gurus of the
tradition who used these as tools to lead others to the truth as taught in
the sampradAya. Perhaps your sensible man who doesn't accept it is himself
outside the sampradAya, else he would know that Panini also accepts nipAtas
and many words fall under sAdhuprayoga due to that or by bAhulyam,
pRShodarAdIni yathopadiShTam, etc.

The tradition may not be a perfect interpreter since it is trying to convey
the non-conveyable, but it is better than all the self-styled interpreters
out there put together, who couldn't tell head from tail in most cases and
there goal is definitely not mokSha, due to ardhajaratIyanyAya.

​gurupAdukAbhyAm
,
--Praveen R. Bhat
That owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */