[Advaita-l] The 'Snake-and-ladder' game - The Spiritual path

D.V.N.Sarma డి.వి.ఎన్.శర్మ dvnsarma at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 07:15:12 EDT 2018

 >he OP has only mentioned that British might have changed the name of the
this game in order to subvert our rich culture and heritage (which is par
for the course for our missionary friends.)

What made me comment is the  statement below.

>>  The British (intentionally to break our rich culture & education
system) later named it Snakes and Ladders instead of the original Moksha
Patam.

I do not see any misconstruction on my part,

I do not understand how the adoption of Mokshapata as snakes and ladders
(If it was actually done) breaks our rich culture.

I only said that this tendency to ascribe motives to the westerners in
every case cannot be true.

All of us should  try to liberate ourselves from our  bias, prejudices,
pet-beliefs. We should also doubt the various traditions which muddle our
thinking.
Advaita teaches us to doubt the very reality of the external world . After
all various traditions are products of the external world. Doubting the
external world but preserving its traditions does not make sense.

regards,
Sarma.