[Advaita-l] The Mundakopanishat and Madhusudana Saraswati

Srinath Vedagarbha svedagarbha at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 09:50:01 EDT 2018

On Thu, Jun 7, 2018 at 2:07 AM V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l <

> On Thu, Jun 7, 2018 at 8:13 AM, Srinath Vedagarbha via Advaita-l <
>
> > On Wed, Jun 6, 2018 at 10:16 PM V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l <
> >

> > > The verse cited is of Madhusudana Saraswati. He says that all the
> various
> > > upasakas of various deities, holding those deities to be the Supreme,
> are
> > > aiming at that One Supreme only.
> > > This view is possible only in Advaita and not any other.
> > >

> > It may be possible only in Advaita PROVIDED such Supreme Being is;
> > 1. Capable of taking various forms  (rUpam rUpam pratIrUpaM babhUva etc.)
> > 2. Being anteryamin of various deities.
> > 3. VaidIka shabda-s denoting deities such as 'Vishnu','Rudra','Ganapathi'
> > etc are indeed refer to that Supreme Being. Brahman should not be said to
> > be avAvachya etc.
> > 4. Last but not least -- names and forms are really real and not mithya.
> > (and many more criteria)
> >
> > None of such requirements applies to Supreme Being as conceived in
> Advaita.
> > Hence, the claim is quite questionable.
> >

> The above points are all not contradicting the vyavaharika drishti of
> Advaita. Brahman can take, vivarta, all forms by maya shakti.

The question is simple -- the position ('Supreme Brahman can take different
forms') is valid or not? (I do not care you call it vyavahAra dristi or by
any other names).

If valid, then advaitahAni as that makes Supreme Brahman sees 'differnce'.
If not valid, then Madhusudana Saraswati & Shankara's explanation
on Vibhuti Yoga is a lie.

/sv