[Advaita-l] Previous Kali Yugas in Shastras?

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 08:44:13 EDT 2018

On Wed, 13 Jun 2018, 17:58 H S Chandramouli via Advaita-l, <

> Namaste.
>

> Reg  << If my memory serves me right it is in bruhadAraNyaka but not sure
> as this topic has came-up for discussion in one of the shibira-s at HN Pur,
> a decade back.  Sri Subbu prabhuji might have the information offhand.>>,
>

> As far as I know, there is no such list in BU or any other Upanishad for
> that matter. The only listing is concerning Guru-Shishya Parampara thru
> which the Brahma Vidya is traditionally handed down and which is available
> in BU 2-6 and 6-6 termed vamsha BrahmaNa. It is not an exhaustive  listing
> of  Brahma Jnanis.

Yes, this is not a list of all jnanis. It is impossible to compile one.
Moreover if yuga's repeat exactly, or even if Ramayana, etc were to happen
repeatedly, the muktas will have to return to samsara which is absurd. Nor
can we say all those are aadhikarika purushas as even they finally get
released. Chiranjeevi also is limited to perhaps the end of that yuga or
chaturyuga.

Regards
subbu