[Advaita-l] What minimum is to be done for protecting Veda?
v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 21:49:39 EDT 2018
Sri Sarma Sastrigal says: What minimum is to be done for protecting Veda?
1. At least one male child of the family is to be enrolled in a Veda
2. One should talk to his family so that at least one daughter is to be
given in marriage to a Vedic scholar.
3. Since Veda is the very 'breath' of Ishwara, both veda and Ishwara are to
be seen as one.
4. Everyone who has had upanayanam should study and learn at least a few
suktas and recite them regularly.
5. If possible, at least once a year a Veda Parayanam is to be conducted at
one's house and all should listen to it.
6. The vaidikas and vaidikam have to be held in great esteem.
More information about the Advaita-l mailing list