[Advaita-l] Any new posts on Sringeri Days?

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 07:43:12 EDT 2018

On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 4:33 PM, Kalyan <kalyan_kg at yahoo.com> wrote:

> //The position based on Brihadaranyaka 1.4.10 and bhashya remains
> unchanged. Brahman alone is affected by avidya and assumes jiva-hood and
> thereby finite individual-hood.  //
>

> If you want to maintain that the one brahman alone is affected by avidya,
> how can you say the following that you have said:
>
> [It is ***one person's avidya*** that projects the world 'for him.'
> ***Each person has his own avidya*** that is to be transcended]

I see no problem here. For that one person there are so many other jivas.
So with respect to all other jivas.  'In my imagination all others are
there.' is the conclusion of each and every jiva. This is the default
position of Advaita. This alone leads to 'sarvatma bhaava' that the Brahman
of Br.Up.1.4.10 achieved upon realizing in the manner aham brahma asmi.