[Advaita-l] Any new posts on Sringeri Days?

Ryan Armstrong ryanarm at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 01:59:14 EDT 2018

Namaste
If I may jump in here to share an experience which is related to the
digression from the original post where I mentioned the book.
Subbu ji wrote:
*When a jiva transcends avidya such questions no longer remain for him *

Well after I had first downloaded the book I started by trying to read the
Sanskrit introductory blessing by His Holiness, the current Shankaraacharya
of Sringeri.
I had not followed completely but saw the words "nirvikalpa samadhi" and
this caught the attention.
So I scrolled to the English and read the words "Having experienced the
bliss of even nirvikalpa-samadhi" and the word "even" shook me to the core.
So I again scrolled down and at the end of the table of contents, found the
links to the three videos available.

So here is the relevance...
Compare the clip of Acharyal's speech to, say the Sadguru clip that was
recently posted.
Sadguru is eloquent, clearly intelligent  and with great love for the topic
(Aadi Shankara).
He makes use of gestures  and expressions to illustrate and clarify points.
I feel that I could be convinced by this...

But Acharyal sits motionless.
Even though the facial expression remains almost constant, it is not cold
and flat but full of light radiating from the eyes.
The voice is full of weight, resonant and natural.
I do not feel that he is trying to convince me of anything.
What is heard is "This is how it is"

Perhaps, through practise, if this state is gained it will be seen that
whether the ignorance was "mine" or "Brahman's" becomes moot, since it
never had any real existence in the first place.

Kind Regards
Ryan

On 28 June 2018 at 12:39, V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l <