[Advaita-l] Sankara in BU 4.3 says Turiya is Supreme State (Was Re: Sleep, tamas and brahman)

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Tue May 1 21:58:22 EDT 2018

Dear Kartik,

During the discussion when Kalyan ji said that the two Upanishads, BU and
Mandukya have different teachings, the former holding deep sleep itself as
the highest (liberated state) and the latter showing the Turiya as beyond
the three states, I pointed out the sentence of the BU 4.3 bhashya that you
have cited to show that the Bhashyakara holds that the BU teaches Turiya as
beyond the three states.

regards
vs

On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 6:51 AM, S Jayanarayanan via Advaita-l <