[Advaita-l] Sleep, tamas and brahman

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Wed May 2 03:46:21 EDT 2018

​Namaste.

I think it is useful to bear in mind that there were advaitins even at the
time of Sri Bhagavatpada who held the view that the Atman of Sushupti,
namely AnandamayAtman, is indeed Brahman. No doubt this was refuted by Sri
Bhagavatpada. However it is not uncommon to find even contemporary reputed
advaitins advancing the view that it is only Shudha Brahman that is
"obtaining" in Sushupti. Beyond saying this I would not like to name any in
this context. Hence I think there is no justification for being too
critical of members in this group as well for holding on to such a view.

Regards ​