[Advaita-l] Sleep, tamas and brahman

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Wed May 2 07:29:35 EDT 2018

Namaste Chandramouliji,

On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 1:25 PM H S Chandramouli via Advaita-l <

> I think it is useful to bear in mind that there were advaitins even at the
> time of Sri Bhagavatpada who held the view that the Atman of Sushupti,
> namely AnandamayAtman, is indeed Brahman. No doubt this was refuted by Sri
> Bhagavatpada.

Considering that it is the very reason that Bhashyakara refuted the same​,
I would think it to be erroneous to hold such views, let alone say that
Bhashyakara also means the same! Even though I do not know who has these
views, nor do I have much interest to know, but I still wanted to voice out
that it is against Bhashyakara's statement.
​
gurupAdukAbhyAm,
--Praveen R. Bhat
That owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */​