[Advaita-l] Sleep, tamas and brahman

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Thu May 3 03:42:33 EDT 2018

Namaste Sri Subrahmanian Ji,

Reg  << I did not find the 'anandamaya' being referred to as the Atman of
Sushupti in the Anandamayadhikaranam of the BSB where the vrittikaara's
view is largely stated and finally refuted. >>,

I have always understood Anandamaya AtmA as the Atman obtaining in
Sushupti. Without going into further elaborate explanations on the same, I
will cite just one specific quote from the vyAkhyAna of Sri Anandagiri
Acharya on the Bhashya on Prashna Up 4-6

<<अनेनाऽऽन्दमयकोशशब्दितमनभिव्यक्तमनआदिवासनावदज्ञान॔  सुषुप्तधर्मीयुक्तं
पञ्चमप्रश्नस्योत्तरं  ........>>

<< anenA.a.andamayakoshashabditamanabhivyaktamanaAdivAsanAvadaj~nAna॔
suShuptadharmIyuktaM  pa~nchamaprashnasyottaraM  ........>>.

Factually,  I landed on this from the footnotes by Sri SSS on this part of
the Bhashya wherein he says

<< The VyAkhyAna  on this Bhashya which says that ajnAna which is named
Anandamaya kOsha is referredto here is not in accordance with the Bhashya >>
!!!.