[Advaita-l] Sleep, tamas and brahman

Kalyan kalyan_kg at yahoo.com
Fri May 4 01:53:23 EDT 2018

 Sorry, I think you have gone on a complete tangent. So let me explain this in greater detail.
Denial of Avidya with qualifications = Weak denial or WDDenial of Avidya without qualifications = Strong denial or SD
For example, a WD can be a statement like - "Jyothi Basu did not become PM of India in 1990s". Whereas, a SD can be be a statement like - "Jyothi Basu was never the PM of India". SD implies WD but WD does not imply SD. So if I have a book where I make a hundred statements indicating WD and just one statement indicating SD, the ultimate truth of the book is SD only.
10 WDs + 1SD is equivalent to SD.
100 WDs + 1SD is also equivalent to SD
Hence, if there is one SD, then SD becomes the ultimate truth. So, if there is denial of avidya without qualifications at even one place, then that becomes the purport of the book.
Hope this helps.
RegardsKalyan