[Advaita-l] Sleep, tamas and brahman

Kalyan kalyan_kg at yahoo.com
Fri May 4 05:15:51 EDT 2018

 Dear Sri Venkatraghavanji
I believe your reading is not natural. If you look at the entire passage, the self in deep sleep is said to be free from all ill-things many times and the self in deep sleep is also called as the highest and advaitam.  It is also mentioned about 8 or 9 times that there is no second thing in deep sleep. Since self is advaitam and there is no second thing, for that reason also, there is no ignorance in deep sleep. You are welcome to disagree with me, but from my side, I will leave it at that.
RegardsKalyan