[Advaita-l] The Foundations of Adhyāsa - 8 (The Three States)

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 00:05:41 EST 2018

Namaste Sri Kartik Ji,

Reg  << I thought the answer was there above: The SELF or the ATMAN rests
in the Turiya.>>,

Ok. By “SELF or the ATMAN “, reference is to the Individual Self. And by “THE
INFINITE SELF “ reference is to Turiya/Brahman. I hope I have got it
correct this time.

But then we have these two observations

<< In the waking state, the dream state has already been renounced!
Similarly, in the deep sleep state, both the waking and dream states have
been renounced.
The "problem", if you will, is that the same state that was once renounced
is being
accepted again (or re-entered into), soon thereafter! >>

<< Thus in the Turiya state, ONLY THE INFINITE SELF EXISTS - there is
literally nothing else.
There is no "entering in and out of" any of the Three States. In fact, the
Three States
cease to exist when one realizes the Turiya state.>>,

Does it mean that after “one realizes the Turiya state “, there is no
"entering in and out of" any of the Three States for him ? Permanently ? Is
he not aware of his body or the world at all ?

Regards

On Sat, Nov 17, 2018 at 7:40 AM S Jayanarayanan via Advaita-l <