[Advaita-l] The Foundations of Adhyāsa - 8 (The Three States)

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 21:09:01 EST 2018

Namaste Kartik Ji,

Reg  <<  > Does it mean that after “one realizes the Turiya state “, there
is no
> "entering in and out of" any of the Three States for him ? Permanently ?
Is
> he not aware of his body or the world at all ?

Yes. That's the short answer.

This is the Paramartha Satya as in the famous Upanishadic statement:

  "neha nAnAsti kiMchana ."

  "There is not the slightest duality here whatsoever." >>,

I hope I have understood you correctly. My query was whether the Realized
person ever experiences any of the three states, waking/dream/deep sleep,
subsequent to Realization. And your response is that he never again does
so. Assuming that my understanding is correct, how to reconcile it with the
following observation made by you.

<< Ramana Bhagavan has talked about this in "Day by Day with Bhagavan"
(5-1-46):

  "...as a matter of fact, our real state is what is sometimes called
  turiya or the fourth state which is always as it is and knows nothing
  of the three avasthas, viz., waking, dream or sleep. Because we call
  these three avasthas we call the fourth state also turiya avastha.
  BUT IT IS NOT AN AVASTHA, BUT THE REAL AND NATURAL STATE OF THE SELF.
  When this is realised, we know it is not a turiya or fourth state,
  for a fourth state is only relative, but turiyatita, the transcendent
  state called the fourth state." >>.

Sri Ramana Maharshi is considered to be a Realized person. From your above
observation, is it not clear that he was back to the waking state after
Realization ?

Regards

On Sun, Nov 18, 2018 at 7:20 AM S Jayanarayanan via Advaita-l <