[Advaita-l] 2 questions

Belavadi Shankar shankarbelavadi5 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 04:21:08 EST 2018

In my previous reply I seem to have made some mistakes.
Upon reading it myself I noticed them. First one if GF. I do not know what
it means. PLEASE IGNORE IT.
Let us consider simplest example: If an insect bite my finger I feel a
little pain. Then I say something bit my finger.
But if that finger is numb, like after anesthesia was given, then I don't
say anything. as if  it is NOT your finger,
although that finger is still there intact. So my 'consciousness'
determines this. This is also called Atman - which
is the same as Brahman.
My personal example:  A few years ago I was hospitalized for some Urinary
bladder procedure. Since I did not have
given a little extra dose so that I can have a longer recovery tie. While
laying down on my back I noticed that I could
not move my legs or any part of my lower body. I tried hard. I could not
even feel my legs when I tried to touch them
as if I DID NOT HAVE LEGS. I began to wonder if they removed my legs!!
Immediately I remembered what Astavakra
said in the Upanishads. "The body is not you, what do you care if it is
taken away" something.I cannot explain in simple
terms since I am still understanding.

On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 4:09 PM Sujal Upadhyay via Advaita-l <