[Advaita-l] Why scripture talks of creation?

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 07:22:28 EDT 2018

Pranams Sri BhaskarJi,

The Bhashya cited by me in my earlier post BUB 2-1-20 by and large covers
what you have mentioned in your post concerning creation/kArya-kAraNa
prakriya.

You will notice there is no mention in the statement attributed to Sri HH
concerning Brahman or kArya/kAraNa etc.The statement gives the impression
that the Shruti is more interested in discussing and clearing doubts about
the nature of creation in waking and dream states. I would indeed be
surprised if that were to be the purport of statements by Sri HH. Hence my
request for clarification.

All the same, I was in for more surprises from your response. Are you
suggesting there is no difference between dream creation is similar to
waking state creation ?. That is the impression I got from your post. If
yes then both waking and dream creations are "satya" ?? Or are both
"mithya" ??.