[Advaita-l] Atmajnana

sreenivasa murthy narayana145 at yahoo.co.in
Sat Oct 13 23:12:34 EDT 2018

Dear friends, There is a misconcetion prevailing in the minds of the students
of Vedata as well as the mumukshus that Atmajnana
is a very difficult proposition.
This misconception is completely unfounded.
A sincere mumukshu if he studies mantra 2-4 of kena Upanishad &
matra 2-1-4 of Kathopanishad and the commentary of Sri Shankara
to these mantras at the feet of a Guru who knows / realized what he is teaching the mumukshu will become a kRutakRutya.
The only essential qualification that the mumukshu should possess
is that he must and should have the capacity to direct his attention
to that vastu in the direction as pointed by The Guru as well as
the hunger to realize the Truth.
Scholarship and much study is not at all required for this.
Because The Guru will be referring to the day to day common
experiences of all beings and using those experiences as tools
The Guru will help the mumukshu to cognize the Atman which
is nothing but his true nature which is
Changeless,non-conceptual and non-perceptual.
The technical word for this is "AtmasaMsthaM manaH kRutvA "
or "AvRuttacakShuH".
This is what my Revered Guru revealed to me.

With respectful namaskars,Sreenivasa Murthy