[Advaita-l] Fwd: {भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्} Fwd: help with spreading the word -- new classes Jan 2019

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 11:39:19 EDT 2018

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki) <vishvas.vasuki at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 8:36 PM
Subject: {भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्} Fwd: help with spreading the word -- new
classes Jan 2019
To: संस्कृतसन्देशश्रेणिः samskrta-yUthaH <samskrita at googlegroups.com>,
bhAratIya-vidvat-pariShad भारतीय-विद्वत्परिषद् <bvparishat at googlegroups.com>

(bcc: svarUpaH)

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Swarup <dinbandhu at sprynet.com>
Date: Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 5:26 AM
Subject: help with spreading the word -- new classes Jan 2019
To: vishvAs vAsuki <vishvas.vasuki at gmail.com>

Vishvasa Varya, HariH Om!
We're beginning new classes Jan of 2019 in (1) Paniiiya Vyakarana, (2)
Nyaya Shastra, and (3) Giita Pravesha I.
Would you kindly be able to help out in spreading the word to esteemed
Samskrita students and karyakartas in your contact and on the various SB
lists of which you may be a member. Below is the announcement; it can be
forwarded directly.
A lot of people will be interested, just we need to get the word out
effectively.
Thanks Mahodaya!

Shubham,
Swarup

==================

Namo namaH,

In the first week of January 2019 we will be starting new classes in:

(1) Paniniiya Vyakaranam
(2) Nyaya Shastram
(3) Sandhi+ (Giita Pravesha part I).

Many have been awaiting the start of new sessions for these vargas in order
to join. The moment has arrived!

* To* *register* (or if you have questions):

Email Swarup <dinbandhu at sprynet.com> <dinbandhu at sprynet.com>

Once you register for the class, we'll add your email into the google
groups for the class so you receive the weekly class announcement.

Feel free to spread the word about these classes to your friends and
family, as well as to forward this email and post it on other Samskrita
email lists.

We don't start new vargas very often, so this is a great opportunity to get
in at the beginning of vargas in these foundational subjects. Further
description of the classes is found below.

*Class Descriptions*

1. Paniniiya Vyakaranam

Timing: Wednesdays 9:00 - 10:30 pm EST
Medium: Conference Call
Teacher: Vidhya Bhagini

Panini's Asthadhyayii, composed around 600 BC, was the very first grammar
in the history of human civilization. It is a masterful work of linguistics
which has never since been equaled, and continues today to be the
linguistics gem of the entire world. Here is an opportunity to study
Panini's grammar directly in Samskritam.

We will begin at the very beginning of Paniniiya Vyakaranam, and move ahead
in a sequence and fashion which is easy for all. Every year many people try
to learn Shastriiya Vyakaranam through study of Laghu Siddhanta Kaumudhi
(LSK), and end up leaving the study because of how difficult it seems. But
we are here to say that it only seems difficult because LSK is not
organized in a logical way. Just one example: After teaching लट्‌ it moves
to लिट्‌, while the two have nothing in common; there are many such issues
which make LSK difficult. Common subjects should be taught together, and
then everything becomes easy! Smt Puspa Dixit's method is logical and is
based in Panini's own approach. As a result, it is easy for everyone to
follow along and master the subject. When it comes to Paniniiya Vyakaranam,
advanced and beginner students of Samskrtam are all on equal footing-- so
everyone is welcome! All you need is basic knowledge of spoken Samskritam,
and a desire to learn.

Review sessions will be occurring on Thursdays 9:00 - 10:30 pm EST.
Teacher: Bhavya Bhagini

To get a sense of the curriculum, come visit our site at:
https://sites.google.com/site/samskritavyakaranam/

2. Nyaya Shastram

Timing: Saturdays 11:30 am - 1:00 pm EST
Medium: Conference Call
Teacher: Raksha Bhagini

Repeat session: Mondays 9:00 - 10:30 pm EST
Teacher: Jayanti Bhagini

Nyaya Shastram is, together with Shastriiya Vyakaranam, considered the
foundation for study of Samskritam in Gurukulams and Universities
throughout India. This has indeed been the classical tradition for hundreds
of years. Yet in the modern Samskrita Universities, the traditional method
for teaching this Nyaya is tough to follow. As a result, after students
complete the one year Nyaya requirement, most choose to major in other
subjects like Samskrita literature. But as with Paniniiya Vyakaranam, most
of the perceived difficulty is due to a teaching methodology which makes
the subject seem far more tough than it really is. A new Nyaya text--
Vidyadharii -- makes Nyaya readily accessible and easy to follow through
the use of a pictorial approach. Concepts which have traditionally seemed
tough and obscure, now become lucid and simply through the use of pictures.
Join us and see how it works!

The book is available for purchase here
<https://secure.samskritabharatiusa.org/np/clients/sb594/product.jsp?product=1736&>
.

To see the course material, check this link:
https://sites.google.com/site/samskritavyakaranam/10---nyAyashAstram
- At the bottom of this page you'll find a pdf of the first 50 pages of the
book so you can see what it is like, very inviting and easy to read.
- At this link as well you'll find sound files of previous varga sessions
- On the very left side of the screen, within the site contents see section
"10"; listed there are 26 Nyaya karapatrams.

3. Sandhi+ (Giita Pravesha part I)

Timing: Saturdays 9:00 - 10:30 am EST
Medium: Conference Call
Teacher: Subrahmanya Mahodaya

We will study practical grammatical structures as presented in Giita
Pravesha part I. We will supplement this by teaching fundamental aspects of
Paniniiya Vyakaranam, which makes learning Sandhi, Natvam, and other
related subjects easy! See how easy it is to learn visarga sandhi,
ac-sandhi, and hal-sandhi when you learn the sutras that go with them. An
extraordinary feature of this bhAShAvarga, join in and see how Panini's
sutras make mastering vyakaranam simple and fun!

Review session: Fridays 8:00 - 9:30 pm EST
Teacher: Subrahmanya Mahodaya

NB: Dial-in information within the USA, for all classes:

Dial-in Number: *(641) 715-3580*
Access Code:  * 865-122*

If you are located in India:

a) To join via internet use the below link--

join.freeconferencecall.com/paniniiya-vyakaranam

b) You may join us via phone via local India number--

India Dial-in Number: *0 17251 99056*
Access Code:  * 865-122*

From: Swarup <dinbandhu at sprynet.com> <dinbandhu at sprynet.com>

Vishvas /विश्वासः