[Advaita-l] Power of Brahman

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 00:47:41 EDT 2018

Namaste

On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 4:41 AM Shashi <raghavadasa at gmail.com> wrote:

> I can understand a general statement that someone who denies the identity
> of jiva with Brahman cannot be a knower, regardless of the individual’s
> learning and power. I think it should have been left there.
>
> I see no reason for the specific statement regarding a Swami whose tapasya
> Bhakti and vidya is likely more than the vast majority of almost everyone
> each of us has met.

Brahma Vidya will not depend on greatness of a person. It is not Purusha
Tantra. Does not depend on person. It is Vastu Tantra. It depends on the
object only - Brahman. It is possible for the worst sinner to realize
Brahman like it is possible for the greatest person on earth. He must
simply go after the right knowledge. There is no requirement a person must
be great and famous or a rich Mathadhipati to know Brahman.