[Advaita-l] true colour of Chameleon

Abhyudaya Mandal abhyudayamandal at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 05:36:02 EDT 2018

I conveyed that homosexuality is lesser of an adharma (if it is adharma at
all to begin with) than dvijas not maintaining daily fires etc., or
so-called traditional sannyasis not living the yati-lifestyle. So if we
feel the urge to criticize personal conduct, then we need not look as far
as Pattanaik.

The sexual orientation of an author has little to do with his ability to
interpret any texts. Yes, it may inform and shape his interpretation, but
it neither defines it nor invalidates it. If we disagree with an author's
interpretation, then we should respond to it without trying to demonize the
author by mocking his sexual orientation (or gender or caste, for that
matter). Venkata-ji's post -- a news-article about the author's
homosexuality plus the title "true color of a chameleon" -- is an ad
hominem.

[image: Mailtrack]
<https://mailtrack.io?utm_source=gmail&utm_medium=signature&utm_campaign=signaturevirality6&>
Sender
notified by
Mailtrack
<https://mailtrack.io?utm_source=gmail&utm_medium=signature&utm_campaign=signaturevirality6&>
09/26/18,
2:52:12 PM

On Wed, Sep 26, 2018 at 11:56 AM Jaldhar H. Vyas via Advaita-l <