[Advaita-l] Source of Mahanyasa Mantras

Naga Raju Narayanaswamy raju.nn at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 02:38:43 EDT 2018

Hello All, I have been trying to match the mahanyasa mantras with where in
Veda they are taken from. Based on my findings i have filled in below. They
are in Samhitas except where mentioned otherwise. I am particularly
interested in  Twamagne Shata Rudram (Thwamagne Rudranuvakaha)  initial
verses are from  KYV TS 1.3.14. The second anuvaka seem to call out numbers
1,2,3,4... Do you know where it is taken from. reason I am doing this is
then I can go to the vedic texts to know the meanings. If you know other
references please  let me know.
Thanks
Naga

01: Panchanga Rudranyasaha
02: Pancha Mukhanyasaha
03: Anganyasaha (Kesadi Padantha Nyasa)
04: Pashnga nyasaha   (Dasanga Nyasa)
05: Panchnga nyasaha
06: Hamsa Gayathri
07: Diksam Putanyasaha    first: RV 6.47.11 TS 1.6.12.16;
08: Shodashanga Rowdrekaranam  KYV 1.3.3.1
09: Shadan Ganyasaha
10: Atma Raksha/Brahmatman       KYV TaittirIya brAhmaNa 2.3.11
11: Shiva Sankalpam Hrudayam     SYV 34
12: Purusha Suktham              RV 10.90
13: Aprathi Ratham               RV 10.103      KYV 4.6.4
14: Prathi Poorusham             KYV 1.8.6.2
15: Twamagne Shata Rudram (Thwamagne Rudranuvakaha)   KYV TS 1.3.14
16: Panchanga Pranamaha
17: Sashtanga Pranamaha    (Ashtanga)
18: Rudrachana Vidhi
19: Sri Rudram     KYV 4.5