[Advaita-l] Question about Sri Vidyaranya's JMV & jnani matra

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Fri Apr 5 07:55:41 EDT 2019

This is really a good question. Can MS just debate with dvaitins without really based on siddhAnta of Advaita? If yes, then all advaitin should drop the notion and pride that Advaitasidhhi has refuted Nyayamrita and rescued Advaita.

praNAms Sri Srinath Vedagarbha prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Very smart way of twisting the statement ๐Ÿ˜Š I only said, if Sri MS said like that just to debate with dvaitins, then he might not be following what shankara said.  It does not mean he is not following Advaita. At the best you can claim he is not following methodology as presented by shankara.  If Sri MSโ€™s methodology ( prakriya ) is more than enough to refute the objections of dvaitins, the purpose is already served ๐Ÿ˜Š   Sri Jay prabhuji used to say in vAdAvaLi, you bring anything in the name of โ€˜advaitaโ€™ invariably  I will show you how it is wrong.  Likewise, I would like to say, bring any objection in the name of dvaita, any prakriya in Advaita would good enough to refute its objection and establish Advaita siddhAnta ๐Ÿ˜Š

You know, we, the advaitins, may have many internal debates, but when it comes to its defense in front of other schools of thought (especially dvaitins ) we are all ONE and the SAME, ofcourse you know ultimately we are, the advaitins, all  Atmaikatva vAdins and donโ€™t allow others to intrude and divide us ๐Ÿ˜Š

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar

If this is what Sri MS is saying not just to debate with dvaitins but presenting it as ultimate siddhAnta of Advaita, then I could understand  why there is a statement that says Sri MS is not completely following Sri bhagavatpAda and differs from him in some aspects of Advaita.

This is really a good question. Can MS just debate with dvaitins without really based on siddhAnta of Advaita? If yes, then all advaitin should drop the notion and pride that Advaitasidhhi has refuted Nyayamrita and rescued Advaita.

/sv