[Advaita-l] Who is 'Jagadguru'?

Dev Babu devbab at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 21:19:03 EDT 2019

Yes, the debate is not well construued.
The word "Jagadguru" means Jagata: Guru:  -one who is the Guru for the
whole World.
When we, advaitaitins have established Jangan Mithya,
then, it becomes MithyAyA: Guru
Then, the word Guru itself becomes Mithya.

Which Shankara has also confirmed in His Nivana Shaktkam sh.5, (na Guro na
Shishya: -- chidAnanda Rupo ShivOham ShivOham)

So, the word Jagadguru can only be taken in VyAVaharika Dhristi, that is
why we have 4 Jagadgurus for 4 Shankacharya Peetam.

So, If Ramanuja or Madhwacharya followers were to consider their Gurus as
Jagadguru, it is fine from their perspective of Shishyas

Harih Om
Babu

On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 5:27 AM V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l <