[Advaita-l] Samnyasa and Sankara's position?

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 11:19:40 EDT 2019

I am sorry I failed to add the following in the beginning.

Reg  << That does not mean these individuals were not fully liberated, nor
that the householder mode of life prohibits the acquisition of brahma
jnana. >>,

I agree. I am not saying they were not fully liberated

On Sun, Apr 14, 2019 at 7:25 PM H S Chandramouli <hschandramouli at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 14, 2019 at 7:03 PM Akilesh Ayyar <ayyar at akilesh.com> wrote:
>

>> On Sun, Apr 14, 2019 at 8:20 AM H S Chandramouli via Advaita-l <
>>

>>> Slightly off the main topic of this particular post, but which is
>>> relevant
>>> for this thread as it has comeup in other posts in this thread, Sri
>>> Bhagavatpada makes this observation in his Bhashya on Mundaka Upanishad
>>> enjoining sanyasa for attaining jnana
>>>
>>> << ज्ञानमात्रे यद्यपि सर्वाश्रमिणामधिकारः, तथापि संन्यासनिष्ठैव
>>> ब्रह्मविद्या
>>> मोक्षसाधनं न कर्मसहितेति ‘भैक्षचर्यां चरन्तः’ (मु. उ. १ । २ । ११)
>>> <http://advaitasharada.sringeri.net/display/bhashya/
>>> Mundaka?page=1&id=MD_C01_S02_V11&hl=%E0%A4%AD%E0%A5%88%E0%
>>> A4%95%E0%A5%8D%E0%A4%B7%E0%A4%9A%E0%A4%B0%E0%A5%8D%E0%A4%AF%
>>> E0%A4%BE%E0%A4%82%20%E0%A4%9A%E0%A4%B0%E0%A4%A8%E0%A5%8D%E0%
>>> A4%A4%E0%A4%83>
>>>  ‘संन्यासयोगात्’ (मु. उ. ३ । २ । ६)
>>> <http://advaitasharada.sringeri.net/display/bhashya/
>>> Mundaka?page=3&id=MD_C03_S02_V06&hl=%E0%A4%B8%E0%A4%82%E0%
>>> A4%A8%E0%A5%8D%E0%A4%AF%E0%A4%BE%E0%A4%B8%E0%A4%AF%E0%A5%8B%