[Advaita-l] Names such as 'Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva' are mithyopadhika - Vishnu Puranam

sreenivasa murthy narayana145 at yahoo.co.in
Tue Apr 23 20:06:03 EDT 2019

 Dear friends,Quote:2. The  Trimurtis are mere names such as Brahma, Vishnu, etc.
4. There are no real entities such as Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva, and others too.
8. Even Vishnu of the Trimurtis is only kalpita name/form/sattva guna
Unquote.
The  above  teaching  is  meant  only  for  mumukshus
whose goal  is  paramArthasatya alone and want  to  be  Atmavit .It is not  meant  for  all the  students  of  Vedanta or
general public. They should  not  be  given  from  a  public
platform. It  should  be  shared  in  person  depending  onthe  competency  of  the  student.
Thus taught  my Revered  Guru.

With  respectful  namaskars,Sreenivasa Murthy
 2. The  Trimurtis are mere names such as Brahma, Vishnu, etc.
4. There are no real entities such as Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva, and others too.
8. Even Vishnu of the Trimurtis is only kalpita name/form/sattva guna

praNAms Sri Subbu prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Not for any debates, just curious to know, how the interpretations like above are anything different from nireeshwara vAda of sAnkhya ??  Don’t you think by reading the statements like above the neophyte in advaita will come to the wrong conclusion that there is no place for bhakti, upAsana of  Ishwara (saguNa / sOpAdhika brahma) in Advaita and the all deva / devata-s are mere imagination of ??? ( I don’t know in whose imagination)  atheism is what Advaita propagating here??  Ofcourse, Shruti says : atra deva adevAH etc.  this holds good only and only if there is absolute realization of abedha ( kshetrajna and ishwara abedha)  even in that realization also the 'tattva' behind it is realized by accepting the upAdhi vishesha of Ishwara.  By saying all these are mere imagination, we are belittling and doubting  the importance of bhakti, upAsana, saguNOpAsana, archana, krama mukti etc.

I take your words in reply as your final stand with regard to kalpita trimurthy-s / deva-s in Advaita 😊

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar