[Advaita-l] HH Sri Paramananda Bharathi Swamiji attained mukti

Sudhanshu Shekhar sudhanshu.iitk at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 01:48:12 EDT 2019

Hari Om Bhaskar ji,

You are right. Swami Paramananda Bharati ji has distinguished avidya and
Maya and they are not synonyms as per him. Further as per him, unlike SSS,
Maya is not kalpita due to avidya (if I understand SSS correct here).

His teaching is a beautiful harmony of srishti-drishti and drishti-srishti.
So a rose is seen as rose by all human beings. None sees a rose as a lotus.
However, when we see rose, we see it as different from oneself. Such a
rose-different-from-me is a figment of my imagination and is a product of
my mind. This is due to avidya. With vidya, same rose will be seen as
non-different from one self.

Regards
Sudhanshu

On Thu 1 Aug, 2019, 09:44 Bhaskar YR via Advaita-l, <