[Advaita-l] HH Sri Paramananda Bharathi Swamiji attained mukti

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu Aug 1 08:36:12 EDT 2019

praNAms Sri Sudhanshu Shekhar prabhuji
Hare Krishna

I find the arguments of both sampradAya as well as by SSS/Swami Paramananda Bharati ji as very very strong.

Ø     Yes, if both are differing by pointing at the same source, then one of them should be correct or both are correct under the broader umbrella of prakriya bheda 😊 Some modern day thinkers say that whatever you say about Advaita is OK as long as you are ultimately maintaining the Atmaikatva vAda.

I am also in awe of mind-boggling details to which Chitsukhi/Advaita-siddhi goes.

Though appealing, the arguments such as Brahman becoming sarvajna through avidya, have been adequately addressed in sampradAya.

Ø     But fact remains that even within the tradition, this stand is untenable for some other sampradayavAdins and they argue that there are much more better ways to do samanvaya,

We need to keep a window always open imho.

  *   But question is how many windows we always keep open in the name of prakriya bheda??  I am afraid, in the over zeal of accommodating each and every methodology that talks about  Advaita, we are closing the ‘main door’ itself.  Fortunately bhAshyakAra himself in Geeta bhAshya says that, it is not the way to approach shruti siddhAnta.  Though at his time all vedAntins were Atmaikatva vAdins and despite the fact that there were multiple commentaries on Geeta,  he still opted to write fresh Geeta bhAshya  citing the reason that it has to be interpreted correctly by following the traditional guidelines.   So it is clear though the goal is one he still insisted one particular prakriya to reach that goal…what is that prakriya which shankara endorsed??  The answer we need to find by going back to mUla only as there is no unanimity among vyAkhyAnakAra-s.

Since everything is fundamentally based on a belief of pramAnatva of Shruti -- I don't discount the possibility that our entire VedAnta itself may not be correct (no matter how pointless our lives become then). And hence adequate respect to science need to be given. And therefore I get shocks when I read things like darkness being some stuff.

Ø     See, problem already started in traditional stand when things like this views objectively.  😊

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar