[Advaita-l] HH Sri Paramananda Bharathi Swamiji attained mukti

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 10:31:01 EDT 2019

Namaste Sudhanshuji, Venkatji, Sadaji,
(Apologies, found all mails in one to reply to).

On Fri, Aug 2, 2019 at 7:20 PM Sudhanshu Shekhar via Advaita-l <

> However, let us take an example where though I don't know A,  I know the
> effects of A. And therefore, I can make an inference of abhAva of A by the
> fact of abhAva of A's effects.  The abhAva of effects of A will prove
> abhAva

of A. (A = Brahma-jnAna, A's effect = ~shoka-moha)

The abhAva of A's effect does not necessarily mean absence of A, its cause.
Its only the other way around that you can infer the presence of cause by
presence of effect or absence of effect by absence of cause. The absence of
pot doesn't necessarily mean absence of clay, but presence of pot means
presence of clay or absence of clay means absence of pot.

> Will it not be a case where I can know the abhAva of A without knowing A as
> such? And hence the argument -- ajnAna cannot be jnAna-abhAva for it
> requires upfront knowledge of Brahma-jnAna -- may not be valid in VedAnta
> (though in nyAya, it is a sound argument).

No, as above, its erroneous.

> Or just take bhAva rUpa avidyA to mean it is abhAva vilakshaNa.

Truly so, Venkatji. There is no insistence of bhAvarUpatvam but
yatkinchidbhAvarUpatvam is abhAvavilakShaNatvam or mithyAtvam. Since its
kArya is seen, it cannot be non-existent.

Sadaji,

> > In that sense, we are separating the avidya and maaya to some extent.

Only at an individual and universal.

> > It is consistent with jeevan mukta where aavarana is eliminated while the
> > vikshepa aspect of maaya remains until the BMI drops. In that sense one
> can
> > remove the bhaava ruupa aspect to avidya and associate it to maayaa
> shakti.

Since the AvaraNa is said to be eliminated, it has to exist to be
eliminated; in that, it was necessarily bhAvarUpa. In such a case, its
kAraNa cannot be abhAvarUpa.

> > Since maaya is equated to prakriti which is also responsible for
> projection
> > - mayaa adhyakshena prakRiti .. and prakRityavacha karmaani kriya
> maanaani
> > sarvashaH..etc can be easily understood.

The bhAvarUpatvam or not doesn't change this understanding.

gurupAdukAbhyAm,
Kind rgds,
--Praveen R. Bhat
That owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */