[Advaita-l] HH Sri Paramananda Bharathi Swamiji attained mukti

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 21:47:28 EDT 2019

On Sat, Aug 3, 2019 at 3:43 AM Venkatraghavan S via Advaita-l <

> Namaste Sudhanshu ji,
>
> 3) Anyway, let us leave that also aside. If you read the ghaTa bhAShyam of
> the brihadAraNyaka (1.2.1) carefully, ShankarAchArya makes a profound
> statement. According to him, abhAva itself is bhAvarUpa.
> "न च घटाभावः सन्पटः अभावात्मकः ; किं तर्हि ? *भावरूप एव* । एवं घटस्य
> प्राक्प्रध्वंसात्यन्ताभावानामपि घटादन्यत्वं स्यात्, घटेन व्यपदिश्यमानत्वात्
> , घटस्येतरेतराभाववत् ; *तथैव भावात्मकताभावानाम् ।"  *Like anyonyAbhAva, all
> the other abhAva-s prAg, pradhvamsa, atyantAbhAva are all of the nature of
> bhAva.

Dear Venkat ji,

Very interesting post.  From the above bhashya lines, I would think that
since in Advaita Brahman is the only Real, the only existent entity without
a second of any type, and since this Existence can never go out of
existence, (na abhavo vidyate satah), the very idea of abhava is untenable
in the ultimate point of view. Abhava of anything (which has to be in
vyavahara only) is also a superimposition in Brahman, a manifestation,
vivarta, of Brahman, and hence it is all only bhaava rupa.

I would like to hear your view on this.

warm regards
subbu