[Advaita-l] Can Vishnu Sahasranama stotram be chanted after sunset?

KAMESWARARAO MULA kamesh_ccmb at yahoo.co.in
Tue Aug 13 01:15:30 EDT 2019

Dear Sir,
                   Any God/godess Chanting can be done in order to merge with the attributes at any time. How ever, to keep an auspicious time is always better which give strength or may help in the nada arousal in reaching the god/godess.

Vishnu Sahasarnama Parayana can be best done at the Godhuli veal or during the sunset or sun rise , one can start few minutes before the sunset & finish in 1-2 Ghadia kala after the sunset. It is the general practice of our local Balaji temple on all saturdays to start at 6PM & complete it by 6.40PM so that we proceed for harathi by 7PM & concludes it by prasad vitaran and it is happening since last 20 years.

Auspicious days can be : Sankranthi, All Ekdasis/Dwadasis, Own birthday, Chaturmasya Peirods,. Timing can be around sunrise/sunset or during any puja time.

Sri Guru Padaravindarpana Mastu
Kameswara