[Advaita-l] Why do I Feel Frustrated after Studying Vedanta ? || Swami Sarvapriyananda

Venkata sriram P venkatasriramp at yahoo.in
Tue Aug 13 03:27:51 EDT 2019

Nice video ...

I would have been much happier had swamiji adorned with bhaska on forehead....I never saw him
with bhasma...Hindu monks sans bhasma, rudraksha look like प्रच्छन्न बौद्घः

It is our tradition to have bhasma / urdhwa-pundra with gopi-chandana etc. depending upon the guru-parampara.
In our advaita tradition, bhasma-dhAraNa is must for sanyasis and tonsured head should be covered with शाटिका.

Of course, all these are immaterial for hamsa / parama-hamsa.

It is for them to decide.  Swami Dayananda ji used to have bhasma-dharana and cover his shirO-muNDana with
ocre robes.

Just my observation.

rgs,
sriram