[Advaita-l] asat & asatya / sat & satya

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu Aug 22 04:36:59 EDT 2019

praNAms
Hare Krishna

  1.  Avidya is jnana-abhAva as per Swamiji.

  *   Oh!! Thanks for the clarification again.  Even Sri SSS also says avidyA is abhAva rUpa only and mUlAvidyA or kAraNAvidyA or bhAva rUpa avidyA which is upAdAna kAraNa for adhyAsa is alien to shankara vedAnta.  avidyA has to be abhAva rUpa only  because of the simple fact that after jnana jnAni realizes that he was / is / will never be ajnAni and always brahman only.   His realization is not like, yes, before AtmajnAna, there existed something called ajnAna / avidyA and after jnana, that jnana in the place of ajnAna / avidyA comes and occupied that place or avidyA which is existent will be replaced by vidyA.

  1.  He has quoted Chitsukhacharya and Anubhuti swarup acharya at one place. Though I am sure that he did not agree with them at other places.

  *   Were these Acharya-s said avidyA is abhAva rUpa in their vyAkhyAna??  Very interesting.  If yes, then abhAva rUpa avidyA is not an exclusive observation of Sri SSS or this Swamiji.

  1.  I have not come across such interpretation as of his in any of the ancient advaita Vedanta tradition.

  *   Oh OK, then his contribution to the Advaita through his works is NOT in traditional line, like Sri SSS, he also could be an ‘asampradAyavAdi’ in the eyes of some then.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar