[Advaita-l] Definition of Anubhava

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Sat Dec 7 03:22:25 EST 2019

Namaste Praveen Ji,

Reg  <<  However, this is like the Vedantaparibhasha (VP) definition of
jnAna as chaitanya in siddhAnta and everything else with the upAdhi to
chaitanya, other than which nothing exists >>,

upAdhis  do  exist indeed,  at tarka level (vyAvahArika sattA ).

Reg  << At the level of tarka, my understanding is still that we agree with
jnAna (different from smRti) as anubhava >>,

Undoubtedly. This is not refuted. The VPS definition itself confirms this.
What is indeed refuted is the nyAya view that jnAna/anubhava are attributes
of the Self. As per Sidhanta, they are Self itself, with or without upAdhis
as the case may be.
Regards