[Advaita-l] REFERENCES FROM VARIOUS PURANAS, UPANISHADS, SASTRAS WHERE VISHNU, RAMA, KRISHNA DON BHASMA TRIPUNDRA AND VISHNU IS A PARAMA SHIVA BHAKTA

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 04:57:46 EST 2019

On Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 7:02 AM Srinath Vedagarbha <svedagarbha at gmail.com>
wrote:

>>> That is his opinion, hardly any pramANa I suppose.

He must have composed that verse but a commentary cites the Vishnu puranam
verse that is of the same meaning. So, the concept is prAmANika.

>> He has cited pramanas only, from shruti and smriti.
>>

> He cited from shruti and smirti which are contradictory in nature. He did
> not address the philosophical standpoint from them except concluding
> Hari-Hara abeda, that too when he has a glaring bAdaka from Rgvedic asya
> devasya mILhuSo vayA  pramANa.

All people do not see the above Rg veda passage in the same way. Hence, it
cannot be said to be bAdhaka.

> so?
>
> prakriti, bhArya, stree, yOni etc are all vydIka shabda-s. They need to be
> understood in that context. Your (ill) understanding of bhArya is only
> meant to be a human wife, is quite questionable on your schooling.
>
> When shruti says 'jagat prasUti'  are you going to say because the word
> "prasUti" is there, that tatva went to  maternity hospital (prasUti-gruha)
> or called midwife? If not why not?

These expressions are only to give a personified touch to the
transcendental Tattva of Brahman. All stutis/stotras are to be seen in that
light.

> When purusha sUkta calls Brahman as 'purUSha', are you going to say
> Brahman is a purusha (and not stree) as in mundane language? If not why not?

There are standard vyutpatti-s for 'Purusha' - pUrNatvAt puruSha, puri
(dehe) shayanAt puruSha, sarvam pUrayati iti puruSha, etc. So, it is not
any gender-specific term.

> Your objections, which are based on silly understanding of pUrva paxa is
> not worthy of addressing.

So do I think about your objections as well.

vs