[Advaita-l] Is the eternity and apaurusheyatva of Vedas a mere belief

Srinath Vedagarbha svedagarbha at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 18:15:58 EDT 2019

On Wed, Jul 3, 2019 at 2:25 AM V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l <

> This will not be the case since the 'anityatva/mithyatva/non-existence of
> Veda' in any other state of moksha, for instance will not contradict the
> nityatva statement in the Veda as the two are different. Nityatva is
> vyavaharika, pravaha nityatva and the other is from the paramarthika
> standpoint. So there is no contradiction even if two statements as intended
> above are present in the Veda itself.

Both nityatva and anittyatava statements in the same vEda cannot be valid
on its face value, because its very nityatava is required for its validity
to begin with and hence pivotal. If you argue they are applicable in
different standpoints, then the question is how do you know there is such
thing as "paramarthika" ? Is this idea come from Veda itself or outside of
Veda?

Obviously you say it is vedic idea. If that idea has to be true, the vEda
has to be valid for its pramEya-s. If you accepts and admits its anityatva
albeit in a different state, then such anityatva negates its very validity
to begin with and its saying about paramarthika idea has no basis.

Paramarthiaka state could be something different (sic), but the very
pramEya that such state exist is very much vyavahArika and at the same
level of vEda. Hence we reject dual state idea  Statements atra vEda avEda
has to be interpreted differently and no bhAdaka in such interpretation. If
you do not, you end up with this kind of epistemological problem.

/sv