[Advaita-l] Mantra Japa during grahana.

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Fri Jul 19 02:52:34 EDT 2019

There is one Rokali, i don't know what it is called in english or hindi, it can be a long 6-7feet height round stcik with some width, mounted  with some iron/stainless steel cover at the bottom. It is generally used in olden days to make a poweder for haldi, red-mirchi, rice atta (traditional) in the Rolu when we don't have the grinding machines technology.

Interestingly, If this Rokali was kept in a petal plate with some water inside, it stands still during the grahanakala period which never happens at normal times, as it simply falls immediately if u make stand the rokali in a plate.

Initially I also didn't believed this aspect as there is no scientific reason involved in this, but even my self performed this couple of times during the garhana kala period in the village, I also could not understand the happening for the rokali to stand. It happens, I did this experiment to prove the orthodoxy traditional practises are wrong and finally found that my intention was wrong as those traditional practise were right without any scientific explanations. The rokali stands still in the water trough plate until the grahana kala is over and fall down immediately after the finish of the Graham.

praNAms
Hare Krishna

Very interesting not heard about this miracle sofar.  If I got your description right, that round stick is called ‘onake’ in Kannada ( onake obavva is a famous lady who fought against Hyderali army  in Chitradurga, Karnataka by using this wooden stick as main weapon).

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar