[Advaita-l] Is the eternity and apaurusheyatva of Vedas a me

Sudhanshu Shekhar sudhanshu.iitk at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 06:46:52 EDT 2019

Bhaskar ji,

But Sri Chittaranjan prabhuji thinks that it is not mere belief, veda-s can
be established as apaurusheya by faultless logic too to even outsiders

Does he? I doubt. He says //At the outset, I would like to point out that
the proof is not meant to prove the Apaurusheyatva of the Vedas to an
atheist. The question of whether a scripture is paurusheya or apaurusheya
would make no sense to a person who does not believe in scriptures, i.e.
who is not willing to consider that there may be an incorporeal realm
beyond the perceived world. A scripture would be meaningless to such a
person. Therefore, it would be equally meaningless to attempt to show him
that a particular scripture is apaurusheya.//

The "proof" itself requires a base-belief here of incorporeal realm beyond
the perceived. This belief is not illogical. However, there is no evidence
to give it a semblance of logic either. It is a belief having no connection
with logic. It can neither be proved nor disproved by logic. And is hence a
belief. The further proof is thus belief-based alone.

Therefore, my original question.

Sudhanshu.

On Mon 10 Jun, 2019, 15:57 Bhaskar YR via Advaita-l, <