[Advaita-l] AdiShankara - Bharati Devi -KamaSastra-Conversation

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Jun 12 05:52:56 EDT 2019

praNAms Sri Srinivasa Murthy Prabhuji
Hare Krishna

I don’t think detailed analysis of biographies like this is required as these poetic works donot have anything to do with gurukula syllabus.  It will be there in the mutt library whoever interested to know about jeevana charitra can refer it.  I am just guessing here.  People who are closely related to mutt activities can give more authentic information.  Anyway, since mAdhaveeyAdi shankara charita is not a pramANa graNtha no need for any detailed scrutiny.  As we know, for doing the tattva pratipAdana we have bhAshyakAra’s prasthAna traya, sureshwara’s vArtika prasthAna, paNchapAdika – vivaraNa, bhAmati vyAkhyAna etc.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar

 What  is  the  opinion of the Heads / Jagadgurus
 of  the  ShankaraMathas   in  this  regard? or  are
they  silent  about  such stories?