[Advaita-l] Partlessness of Brahman and Maya

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 03:10:22 EDT 2019

नश अदर्शने। नाश is just non-cognition [in the way it was cognised earlier].
That is व्यय। There is no real difference between the two. Even as you
point out Bhagavan Tikakara says गुणापकर्षद्वारको व्ययो change/ destruction
via decline. Still, if we want to look at only the meaning destruction,
then the way avyakta mAyA itself became vyakta, same vyakta becomes avyakta
since the change has to happen in the upAdAnakAraNa even for destruction,
just like in tantu-paTa, तन्तुनाशे पटनाशः।

Kind rgds,
--Praveen R. Bhat
That owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */