[Advaita-l] Partlessness of Brahman and Maya

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 14:56:33 EDT 2019

On Sat, Jun 22, 2019 at 12:12 AM Venkatraghavan S <agnimile at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Agreed Subbuji, I was thinking of Sri Appayya Dikshitar in this regard too.

Also, Bhagavatpada's work/s on Yoga sutras are also a case in point.

BTW if there is any reference to Guadapadacharya's work on Sankhya karika
in Vachaspati Misra's work, even by a remote alluding, we may give credence
to the popular belief.  Also, there is an 'uttara gita bhashya' attributed
to Gaudapadacharya. This book is available in archive.org.

warm regards
subbu

> Kind regards,
> Venkatraghavan
>
> On Fri, Jun 21, 2019 at 7:34 PM V Subrahmanian <v.subrahmanian at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On Fri, Jun 21, 2019 at 11:57 PM Venkatraghavan S via Advaita-l <
>>
>>> Namaste Bhaskar ji,
>>> As I said, it is not certain whether it is one and the same
>>> gauDapAdAchArya. The author of the sAnkhya kArika bhAShya has clearly
>>> commented it from the perspective of sAnkhya. However, that in itself
>>> does
>>> not rule out the same person authoring two works from different
>>> darshana-s,
>>> and doing so in a fairly objective and impartial manner. In fact, that
>>> is a
>>> mark of the quality of a scholar - when they are arguing from one
>>> darshana's position, they do so without prejudice and do full justice to
>>> the system under consideration.
>>>
>>> For example, vAcaspati miSra wrote tattvakaumudi from the perspective of
>>> sAnkhya, bhAmati from the perspective of advaita, tattva vaiSAradi from
>>> the
>>> perspective of yoga, nyAya sUcI nibandha and nyAya vArttika tAtparya TIkA
>>> from the perspective of nyAya, in addition to nyAyakaNikA and tattvabindu
>>> from the perspective of pUrva mImAmsa. It is unsurprising therefore that