[Advaita-l] No Parinama in Brahman says Shankara Bhagavatpada

Sudhanshu Shekhar sudhanshu.iitk at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 08:26:12 EDT 2019

Hari Om Acharya Sada ji,

Let us not  go into AnyaonyAshraya-dosha. I am on something else. Does this
very talk about vyAvahArika imply change or not? I type, you read, we speak
the word - a change is implied.

   - How can this be possible if Brahman is the sole singular changeless
   entity? It is not possible.

So there has to be something else. And that thing is non-Brahman.

   - If non-Brahman is indeed there, infiniteness of Brahman is compromised.

   - If non-Brahman is indeed not there, how is non-Brahman appearing to be
   there? Barren woman's son never even appears. And barren woman's son does
   not have a self.

   - If non-Brahman is mere appearance and it is really not there (that is
   only Brahman is there), its coming about implies change and we have a
   contradiction with changelessness.

Let us go to the root of vyavahArika, pAramArthika, projection, anAditva,
frame of reference etc - and that root thing is change. Everything is
reduced to change and changeless. We should apply our mind there. Many
thanks for your indulgence in my doubts.

Regards,
Sudhanshu.

--
Joint Commissioner of Income-tax,