[Advaita-l] Prapanchasara: Shankara alludes to the 'Sharabha-Shiva' episode from the Kalikapurana

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 01:05:59 EDT 2019

Recently we saw the Parasara smriti saying the Trimurtis are born and
perish in each kalpa.  Actually this is not any real birth and perishing,
but Brahman assuming these roles and withdrawing them.  To take the
Trimurtis as persons is the biggest mistake. If we take that they are
tattvas then there will be no quarrel.

On Thu, Mar 21, 2019 at 9:23 AM Venkatesh Murthy via Advaita-l <