[Advaita-l] Fwd: SIDDHANTA KAUMADI

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Fri May 3 00:45:48 EDT 2019

praNAms Sri Raghava prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Yes, sometimes it appears quite amusing for me after seeing over dose of Advaita making everything as kalpita including trimuthy-s, deva-devata-s etc.  But at the same time pain to see Advaita heading towards nireeshwara vAda.  If you could check the mails in subject heading :  "Names such as 'Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva' are mithyopadhika - Vishnu Puranam"  you will come to know background of my below message.  BTW, even in DSV there is a provision to think about Ishwara srushti.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar

Namaste Bhaskarji
I assume you are just joking. Because I have not seen any advaitin claim that objects like chairs and tables have a greater degree of reality than Ganesha etc. If you have any quotation by anyone to the effect that "chairs etc have vyAvahArika sattA while Ganesha does not being purely imaginary or derived and hence not available for any transactions ", kindly quote it.

 Because in Brahma sutras devatAdhikaraNam, bhAShyakAra has asserted that devatAs are vigrahavantaH and that in earlier times some riShis etc could directly communicate with them .

Maybe you are implying DSV, but even there chairs etc., are of the same sattA as devatAs.