[Advaita-l] SIDDHANTA KAUMADI

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Fri May 3 01:16:03 EDT 2019

Namaste Sir,

On Thu, May 2, 2019 at 4:29 PM KAMESWARARAO MULA <kamesh_ccmb at yahoo.co.in>
wrote:

> i am interested to study Laghusiddhantakaumadi.

Good to know. You can try to catch up with the uploaded classes on
https://www.youtube.com/user/bhatpraveenyt and if it interests you and find
them useful, let me know off the list and I shall provide you a link to
further classes or live classes as the case may be. (Pls ask for the
archive link as a right, but only after following all the classes).

He used the sutra 5468 in vedic derivations of omkar as pluta swara in the
> form of 3. This pluta swara is the rat on which ganesha rides.  and formed
> the basis of invention of ganesh idle in different ways which i wanted to
> connect to the re-birth issues.

Its unclear as to which word is derived with reference of which sUtra.

> Once you mentioned to me there is no use/purpose in knowing the prarabda
> which I fully agree that but one can able  to know his previous birth by
> practically realizing his samskaras.

I am not sure when I said this but it does sound like something similar I
would say! However, I would say the same thing about punarjanma.

>      Pls explain what is causing or making the re-birth of the physical
> body irrespective of the prabrada. How do you interpret this although it is
> an abstacle for moksham. Simply it is the divine will or any purpose of its
> existence?.

I don't think rebirth is possible without sanchitakarma to which an ajnAni
has a claim, thereby leading to prArabdha. I don't consider divine will as
separate from samaShTi prArabdha, else Ishvara would be misunderstood as
biased with his own free will. To me, Ishvara is karmaphaladAta and His
sRShTi is for jIvabhoga in keeping with their karma. The entire loka is
manifest as per the karma of all jIvas put together at any point of time.
Just in case there is an objection to multiple jIvas: in DSV, the way a
jIva sees other jIvas and the world. lokyate anubhUyate iti lokaH.

gurupAdukAbhyAm,
--Praveen R. Bhat
That owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */