[Advaita-l] Whether darkness is bhava - Vivarana Prameya Samgraha of Shri Vidyaranya

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Mon May 6 01:49:14 EDT 2019

Namaste
>What exactly is the 'dAshtrAntika' here ??  Being a below average student
of maths and science I have lost myself in these equations.

You meet a friend after lunch hour. You ask him Did you have lunch? He says
No. You know one thing is true. If he is hungry at lunch hour AND food is
available means he will always have lunch. If he is not hungry he will not
have lunch. If food is not available he will not have lunch. But now he is
saying he did not have lunch. What is the reason? It can be he is not
hungry at lunch hour OR food was not available. This is DeMorgan's Law.
Have Lunch = Hungry AND Food Available
Not Have Lunch = Not Hungry OR Not Food Available

On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 10:17 AM Bhaskar YR via Advaita-l <

> A1 , A2 etc are light sources.
> ~A1 implies A1 is switched off.
>
> sarvAloka = (A1 AND A2 ...ad infinitum)
> ~(sarvAloka) = ~A1 OR ~A2 OR .... etc.
>
> praNAms
> Hare Krishna
>
> What exactly is the 'dAshtrAntika' here ??  Being a below average student
> of maths and science I have lost myself in these equations.  If avidyA is
> compared to darkness and light as jnana then please explain this by using
> avidyA and vidya terms so that dull wits like me would atleast come to know
> the problem being discussed here.  Thanks in advance.
>
> Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
> bhaskar

-Venkatesh