[Advaita-l] Whether darkness is bhava - Vivarana Prameya Samgraha of Shri Vidyaranya

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Mon May 6 02:23:20 EDT 2019

Namaste

Your law for lunch will be slightly different.

Have Lunch = Hungry AND Food Available AND Time for Lunch Available with
Boss permission
If you are Hungry and Food is available and Time for Lunch Available with
permission of boss you will have Lunch.

Not Have Lunch = Not Hungry OR Not Food Available OR Not Time for Lunch
Available with Boss permission
You are not having Lunch means You are Not Hungry OR Food not available OR
Boss did not permission time for Lunch.

The darkness question was like this. If Darkness is absence of all light
will one light destroy Darkness?  Or will all lights be necessary to
destroy Darkness?

I think the answer is we have to know the Adhisthana of Darkness. WHere is
it present? Is it in one small empty place or a big place? If small one
light may be sufficient. If place is big many lights be necessary.

On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 11:34 AM Bhaskar YR <bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com> wrote:

> You meet a friend after lunch hour. You ask him Did you have lunch? He
> says No. You know one thing is true. If he is hungry at lunch hour AND food
> is available means he will always have lunch. If he is not hungry he will
> not have lunch. If food is not available he will not have lunch. But now he
> is saying he did not have lunch. What is the reason? It can be he is not
> hungry at lunch hour OR food was not available. This is DeMorgan's Law.
> Have Lunch = Hungry AND Food Available
> Not Have Lunch = Not Hungry OR Not Food Available
>
> praNAms
> Hare Krishna
>
> Are you replying to my request / query  ??  If yes, I am lost again !!!
> Could anyone explain me in simple layman terms without giving the
> complicated Laws like above to explain darkness & light (vidyAvidya).  BTW,
> during the audit period / excessive  work pressure  from my ever demanding
> boss during month beginning / end I do have to skip my lunch sometimes
> though hungry and food is available at canteen  during my lunch time 😊  I
> don’t know which law would explain this scenario.
>
> Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
> bhaskar

-Venkatesh