[Advaita-l] Is difference known by perception?

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Mon May 6 02:35:03 EDT 2019

Namaste Praveen ji,
Thank you. Hope that opportunity arises - for both of us!

Re your point on role of Shruti in dvaita, both dvaita and advaita agree
that Shruti reveals what pratyaksha does not / cannot reveal.

Similar to our प्रत्यक्षेण अनुमित्या वा यस्तूपायो न बुध्यते। एनं विन्दति
वेदेन तस्मात् वेदस्य वेदता।

Where we differ is that where pratyaksha and Shruti are in conflict, they
hold that pratyaksha will prevail.

Regards,
Venkatraghavan

On Mon, 6 May 2019, 05:52 Praveen R. Bhat via Advaita-l, <