[Advaita-l] Whether darkness is bhava - Vivarana Prameya Samgraha of Shri Vidyaranya

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Tue May 7 08:25:05 EDT 2019

Raghav Ji,

Reg  << There were earlier discussions on bhAvarupatvaM of tamaH and the
point that
Chandramouli ji made came up viz., it (avidyA) is bhAva-rUpA . A pramANa
too was supplied in that earlier discussion for this idea disambiguating
bhAva from bhAvarUpA. I would request Chandramouli ji or Subbuji to help
with this reference >>,

I am not able to recall the discussion. But actually it was not my
intention to bring in avidya into this discussion. I wanted to confine
myself ONLY to the observation on Darkness made by Sri Sudhanshu J. I had
quoted the relevant part in my first post on the topic. To his query as to
whether darkness is bhAva, I had observed that it is not bhAva, but
bhAvarUpa. Since he wanted a pramANa for the same, since I did not recall
any offhand , I offered as a possibility for his consideration  what came
immediately to my mind , namely the topic of sushupti, only in the limited
context of this discussion.  I would still confine myself to Darkness and
not extend the discussion from my side to avidya.

Regards

On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 4:52 PM Raghav Kumar Dwivedula via Advaita-l <